Getting worried

What are some classic mechanics you want to see in the new Battle Front?
Flexo

Getting worried

Postby Flexo » August 6th, 2015, 12:32 pm

With all the new announcements about the game over the past several months, and with the new footage that came out yesterday, I am getting a bit worried they will not include the traditional conquest mode. I am also concerned they will not include stuff like: mines, rolling, health packs and various other things that make bf great that i cannot remember.

does anybody know any different or any thoughts?
BetaStrike
Leader
Leader

Re: Getting worried

Postby BetaStrike » August 6th, 2015, 10:55 pm

Flexo wrote:With all the new announcements about the game over the past several months, and with the new footage that came out yesterday, I am getting a bit worried they will not include the traditional conquest mode. I am also concerned they will not include stuff like: mines, rolling, health packs and various other things that make bf great that i cannot remember.

does anybody know any different or any thoughts?

I feel that they may delay the game.. Just because people don't like the fact that there are no set classes. EA will screw this game up somehow, they said they would like to keep it to how bf was. I feel as if people will make the choices when it comes down to it. Just a matter of time before people realize its not swbf. We will have to wait and see what will happen. I am crossing my fingers for all of that. I want dedicated classes. We should take this to EA....
Wicked

Postby Wicked » September 2nd, 2015, 2:21 pm

I'm kinda in a ranting mood so ill throw in my thoughts. Keep in mind I haven't played yet and everything I know is based off videos and announcements.

There is a "conquest" type mode called supremacy that was recently announced, although it is a bit different from the classic style we know and love. There are 5 control points but I guess they can only be capped in a set order and only 2 can actually be fought over at a time from what I understand. A little different but I'm willing to give it a shot. As for mines I think they might be in the game as an ability just like grenades but they haven't been confirmed. Rolling from what I have seen is gone completely, I could be wrong but a sad loss if true. Health packs or any kind of pickup packs are also gone from what i can tell, and since the health regens rather fast I don't see them being in the game. Unfortunate because I loved the old system with packs and having to find health droids to heal, but in todays games it is considered an out of date style.

Overall in my mind this isn't going to be the "battlefront" that we are used to. Will it play the similar? I won't know til I play but I'll give any star wars game a chance. EA has already said that this isn't a sequel but their own version of battlefront. The problem I see is that they called this game "Battlefront" but in reality this might just be a new star wars game completely. My theory is that they are just building hype to sell as many copies as possible. By using the name Battlefront they are building off the hype from all the players wanting a Battlefront 3. And releasing a month before the movie will only build more hype. The game is packed with fanservice for the fans by using authentic graphics and sounds, but the actual game may end up being hollow and might not have alot of staying power. They would have been better off calling it something else and saying they were inspired by battlefront, because by using the name they are already opening themselves to backlash if original players are expecting a new sequel to the originals. I'm trying hard not to form an opinion if the game is good or bad until I play. BUT my words of advice for any battlefront veterans is this, view this game and go into it not expecting battlefront but expect a completely different star wars game that might happen to be similar. Because the way I see it is this is a new game entirely. trap

p.s. sorry for the book but I feel very strongly about this as I'm sure alot of us do and I wanted to rant. jango
BetaStrike
Leader
Leader

Postby BetaStrike » September 5th, 2015, 2:27 pm

BetaStrike wrote:
Wicked wrote:I'm kinda in a ranting mood so ill throw in my thoughts. Keep in mind I haven't played yet and everything I know is based off videos and announcements.

There is a "conquest" type mode called supremacy that was recently announced, although it is a bit different from the classic style we know and love. There are 5 control points but I guess they can only be capped in a set order and only 2 can actually be fought over at a time from what I understand. A little different but I'm willing to give it a shot. As for mines I think they might be in the game as an ability just like grenades but they haven't been confirmed. Rolling from what I have seen is gone completely, I could be wrong but a sad loss if true. Health packs or any kind of pickup packs are also gone from what i can tell, and since the health regens rather fast I don't see them being in the game. Unfortunate because I loved the old system with packs and having to find health droids to heal, but in todays games it is considered an out of date style.

Overall in my mind this isn't going to be the "battlefront" that we are used to. Will it play the similar? I won't know til I play but I'll give any star wars game a chance. EA has already said that this isn't a sequel but their own version of battlefront. The problem I see is that they called this game "Battlefront" but in reality this might just be a new star wars game completely. My theory is that they are just building hype to sell as many copies as possible. By using the name Battlefront they are building off the hype from all the players wanting a Battlefront 3. And releasing a month before the movie will only build more hype. The game is packed with fanservice for the fans by using authentic graphics and sounds, but the actual game may end up being hollow and might not have alot of staying power. They would have been better off calling it something else and saying they were inspired by battlefront, because by using the name they are already opening themselves to backlash if original players are expecting a new sequel to the originals. I'm trying hard not to form an opinion if the game is good or bad until I play. BUT my words of advice for any battlefront veterans is this, view this game and go into it not expecting battlefront but expect a completely different star wars game that might happen to be similar. Because the way I see it is this is a new game entirely. trap

p.s. sorry for the book but I feel very strongly about this as I'm sure alot of us do and I wanted to rant. jango

This is troubling but true Wicked. This game probably won't be what we know as battlefront.. We can only hope for the community to really stand up and try to make them change it as it goes. Unfortunately they will make all the decisions and muck it up like all other shooters. We can only hope that they take players into consideration. It really sucks how much money and time they put into the games, and they cannot appease the community with simple features. You think everyone loves Star Wars Battlefront, you would make it the same so that we can keep that love burning. All they see and will ever see is that lining the investors pockets, it their only priority. The only way for a Star Wars game to be successful is to give it to a company that has no time restraints or worried about where the money is. In the end games suck these days because its all about the investor, not the player or the community. This game was built successfully the first two times, you think they would keep the game the way it was. Only thing we can do now is piss and moan to get the job done. The community is our only hope. dualsith
Flexo

Postby Flexo » September 5th, 2015, 10:29 pm

I also feel like they are just using the battlefront name now. This is supposed to be a battlefront game, not a new star wars shooter. There are so many key features that have yet to be announced or are not present:
Health packs as you mentioned Nighthawk
Rolling
Prone (BF1)
Set classes
Server list and ability to rent servers for custom rules players etc...
Health droids
Clone wars

The list goes on.

This deal is getting worse all the time!

There is still 2 months to fix the game, I am going to call and complain to EA, if enough of us do, maybe that will be enough to get them to change it to what WE have always wanted and they have promised.

Here is the EA Customer Service Number: 1 866-543-5435
BetaStrike
Leader
Leader

Postby BetaStrike » September 6th, 2015, 3:15 pm

Flexo wrote:I also feel like they are just using the battlefront name now. This is supposed to be a battlefront game, not a new star wars shooter. There are so many key features that have yet to be announced or are not present:
Health packs as you mentioned Nighthawk
Rolling
Prone (BF1)
Set classes
Server list and ability to rent servers for custom rules players etc...
Health droids
Clone wars

The list goes on.

This deal is getting worse all the time!

There is still 2 months to fix the game, I am going to call and complain to EA, if enough of us do, maybe that will be enough to get them to change it to what WE have always wanted and they have promised.

Here is the EA Customer Service Number: 1 866-543-5435

That is a great idea. I will call and complain. What we really need to do is spread the word. They are literally siting on a gold mine... They have no idea how pissed the community will be if they fuck this up. :x
Hyvibe

Postby Hyvibe » September 7th, 2015, 8:13 pm

Idk man, I mean didn't you guys expect this? The last game came out over 10 years ago, games have changed so much since. Sure SWBF2 was fun for the time, but there was so much broken in that game it wasn't even funny. Let's not fool ourselves into thinking it was flawless. To me I could care less if heath packs, rolling, classes, etc. are implemented. These are very minor things to worry about considering most of those features don't hold up anymore, and the game could be fine without some of them. I'm more worried about being able to create private matches and setting up your own rules/restrictions. This is the most crucial feature that could possibly be left out, but I'm very skeptical that it will be left out. It's doesn't seem conceivable to have a multiplayer game without being able to create custom/private matches. Anyway that just my opinion on all of this.